Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 3
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs