Track ready for Great North Woods race
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tapping back in time Vaudeville-style troupe performs for southern NH seniors - 0
- Dave Anderson's Forest Journal: Relic, site reveal Native American history - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Chinook puppy tests the waters like a naughty teenager - 0
- Santa Shuffle, parade draw crowds to Manchester - 0
- John Harrigan: A Christmas gift list for the outdoor buff - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Nashua hero up for Carnegie award - 0
- Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island - 0
- Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser - 0
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
What's open / what's closed on Thanksgiving
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement