Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua mayor honored for promoting the arts - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Death by chocolate: A problem for NH bears - 1
- Deliberative session to include Salem High School project update - 0
- Family moving forward in wake of son's death, friend's sentencing - 0
- Ice fishing village forms on Meredith Bay - 0
- Early start planned for next school year in Salem - 0
- This weekend offers plenty of winter fun on Granite State slopes - 0
- Souhegan High's FIRST Robotics team to host comedy night fundraiser - 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Nashua mayor honored for promoting the arts
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Last Week's Rare Bird Alert
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
NFL not rushing 'Deflategate' investigation
Lawmakers listen to pleas to kill bill that would end NH's participation in carbon tax initiative
Bill seeks procedure for police flagged for credibility issues to challenge Laurie List status