Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out