Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These were a few of our favorite things… - 0
- Store-bought snacks? Really? These treats are almost as easy, and much more delicious - 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- The Amazing Nano Brothers to captivate in Concord - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
- Builder discusses construction of Ice Castle project in Lincoln - 0
- Robots to return to NH science center - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis