Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Balsams project leader's vision includes big ideas, ambitious time frame - 2
- American Life in Poetry: 'The Kiss' - 0
- Tax prep program also helps Derry residents with financial advice - 0
- Nominations open for Salem Children's Champion Award - 0
- Cornucopia Project continues free film series - 0
- NH's 4,000-footers pose no challenge for Dusty - 0
- Londonderry Travel Plaza is open for business - 0
- Amherst race to honor fallen athlete - 0
- Just under 100 participate in Kiwanis ice fishing derby - 0
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
American Life in Poetry: 'The Kiss'
Student speech: One threat addressed