Track ready for Great North Woods race
A full day of snowmobile racing is set for Saturday in Colebrook as the second of four events in the Great North Woods Vintage Race Series gets started at 10 a.m. (COURTESY)
More than 125 racers are expected to compete in the daylong event on a rebuilt track that features four hundred yards of new snow - the equivalent of 25 dump-truck loads - making the track larger and wider.
The Colebrook Ski-Bees Snowmobile Club had an excavator operator work two days making track improvements that will provide an excellent track base and make for some "exciting racing action," according to organizers of the event, which is sponsored by LaPerle's IGA in Colebrook.
The series has 15 classes based on engine size for sleds manufactured in 1974 (except for the modified class which goes to 1978), and older models that are fan cooled or free air, single or twin cylinder.
Hot food and drinks and restrooms are available on-site. Northern Tire is at 9 LaPerle Drive, right off Main Street, just north of the center of town.
The entrance fee is $5 per person. For further information, please check out the race website at thegreatnorthwoodssnowmobilerace.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The music spoke, she listened - 0
- Andy's Summer Playhouse: Curtain comes down on 44th season - 0
- Barnstormers benefit auction set for Sunday - 0
- Mostly Bach Festival in North Conway this weekend - 0
- All aboard for a ride and nature tour - 0
- Kingston Trio returns to the Flying Monkey - 0
- Violinist, pianist in New Castle Sunday - 0
- Catch Roland Goodbody in 'A Pair Of His Own Shorts' - 0
- Fire on the Mountain Chili Fest in Henniker on Sunday - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
All aboard for a ride and nature tour
The music spoke, she listened
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt