Monarchs resume slate with two games in Pa.
This weekend the Monarchs look to elevate and distance themselves from the pack when they visit Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Friday and Hershey Saturday in a pair of 7:05 p.m. starts.
Manchester (21-19-2-2, 46 points) at the moment, is looking down at seventh-ranked Wilkes-Barre (21-18-2-1, 45 points) and ninth-ranked Hershey (20-19-2-2, 44 points). The Penguins have played two fewer games than Manchester and Hershey has played one fewer game than the Monarchs.
Wilkes-Barre handed Manchester a 3-0 setback at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester on Nov. 2. Hershey has not played Manchester and will make an appearance in the Queen City on March 23.
Linden Vey leads the Monarchs in overall team scoring with 11 goals and 26 assists while Tyler Toffoli leads the team with 20 goals and is second in scoring with 33 points.
In the American Hockey League All-Star game in Providence, R.I., Toffoli had a goal and one assist for the Eastern Conference team that lost to the Western Conference, 7-6.
Manchester's next home game is Saturday, Feb. 9 against Providence at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use