Monarchs resume slate with two games in Pa.
This weekend the Monarchs look to elevate and distance themselves from the pack when they visit Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Friday and Hershey Saturday in a pair of 7:05 p.m. starts.
Manchester (21-19-2-2, 46 points) at the moment, is looking down at seventh-ranked Wilkes-Barre (21-18-2-1, 45 points) and ninth-ranked Hershey (20-19-2-2, 44 points). The Penguins have played two fewer games than Manchester and Hershey has played one fewer game than the Monarchs.
Wilkes-Barre handed Manchester a 3-0 setback at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester on Nov. 2. Hershey has not played Manchester and will make an appearance in the Queen City on March 23.
Linden Vey leads the Monarchs in overall team scoring with 11 goals and 26 assists while Tyler Toffoli leads the team with 20 goals and is second in scoring with 33 points.
In the American Hockey League All-Star game in Providence, R.I., Toffoli had a goal and one assist for the Eastern Conference team that lost to the Western Conference, 7-6.
Manchester's next home game is Saturday, Feb. 9 against Providence at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
- Merrimack election on Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Oxbow captures Preakness Stakes - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Nashua school parking surprise