Monarchs resume slate with two games in Pa.
This weekend the Monarchs look to elevate and distance themselves from the pack when they visit Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Friday and Hershey Saturday in a pair of 7:05 p.m. starts.
Manchester (21-19-2-2, 46 points) at the moment, is looking down at seventh-ranked Wilkes-Barre (21-18-2-1, 45 points) and ninth-ranked Hershey (20-19-2-2, 44 points). The Penguins have played two fewer games than Manchester and Hershey has played one fewer game than the Monarchs.
Wilkes-Barre handed Manchester a 3-0 setback at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester on Nov. 2. Hershey has not played Manchester and will make an appearance in the Queen City on March 23.
Linden Vey leads the Monarchs in overall team scoring with 11 goals and 26 assists while Tyler Toffoli leads the team with 20 goals and is second in scoring with 33 points.
In the American Hockey League All-Star game in Providence, R.I., Toffoli had a goal and one assist for the Eastern Conference team that lost to the Western Conference, 7-6.
Manchester's next home game is Saturday, Feb. 9 against Providence at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs