NHIAA Roundup: Valliere's goal lifts Trinity
Justin Sirois of Trinity, celebrates a goal in the first period in front of Pinkerton goalie Nate Mitchell at Saint Anselm College in Goffstown on Thursday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
NHIAA Scoreboard: Jan. 31, 2013
Tyler Tambouris scored Trinity's first goal in the first period. Paul Wiley and Justin Sirois each assisted on the play. The Astros tied the game at the 10:59 mark of the third period on a goal from Ethan Landry. But Mitch Myers and Drew Merrick set-up the winning goal as Valliere beat Pinkerton goalie Nate Mitchell (30 saves) with 2:37 to play. Trinity goalie Ryan Slatky (22 saves) stopped two breakaways.
Exeter 5, Hanover 2: Andrew Stevens, Mike Cashman and Henrik Barbin each had a goal and an assist to lead Exeter past visiting Hanover, 5-2, in boys' hockey on Thursday.
Barbin's goal with 2:11 left in the second period put Exeter (3-8) up for good, 3-2. "The goal late in the second really boosted their confidence," said Hanover coach Dick Dodds.
Sam Carey scored 14 seconds into the game to give Hanover a 1-0 lead. Connor Ronan tied it before Sean Cavallaro put Hanover (5-5-2) up again at the start of the second period. Stevens answered with a goal to tie the game at 2-2.
Hollis/Brookline 6, Kearsarge 5 (Wednesday): Ian Rowe scored a hat trick and finished with four points for the 6-6 Cavaliers in Andover. Tim Birch, Cam Ricard and Kyle Stephens each had one goal in the win. Hollis/Brookline goalie Travis Howard made 22 stops in net. Kearsarge (3-8) never led, but got one first period goal from Tristan Rowe and second period tallies from Ryan Beattie and Matt Pickman.
Down 6-3 in the third period, the Cougars closed the gap to 6-5 behind two goals from Pickman, the last one coming with three minutes left for his hat trick.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 21
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off