NHIAA Roundup: Valliere's goal lifts Trinity
Tyler Tambouris scored Trinity's first goal in the first period. Paul Wiley and Justin Sirois each assisted on the play. The Astros tied the game at the 10:59 mark of the third period on a goal from Ethan Landry. But Mitch Myers and Drew Merrick set-up the winning goal as Valliere beat Pinkerton goalie Nate Mitchell (30 saves) with 2:37 to play. Trinity goalie Ryan Slatky (22 saves) stopped two breakaways.
Exeter 5, Hanover 2: Andrew Stevens, Mike Cashman and Henrik Barbin each had a goal and an assist to lead Exeter past visiting Hanover, 5-2, in boys' hockey on Thursday.
Barbin's goal with 2:11 left in the second period put Exeter (3-8) up for good, 3-2. "The goal late in the second really boosted their confidence," said Hanover coach Dick Dodds.
Sam Carey scored 14 seconds into the game to give Hanover a 1-0 lead. Connor Ronan tied it before Sean Cavallaro put Hanover (5-5-2) up again at the start of the second period. Stevens answered with a goal to tie the game at 2-2.
Hollis/Brookline 6, Kearsarge 5 (Wednesday): Ian Rowe scored a hat trick and finished with four points for the 6-6 Cavaliers in Andover. Tim Birch, Cam Ricard and Kyle Stephens each had one goal in the win. Hollis/Brookline goalie Travis Howard made 22 stops in net. Kearsarge (3-8) never led, but got one first period goal from Tristan Rowe and second period tallies from Ryan Beattie and Matt Pickman.
Down 6-3 in the third period, the Cougars closed the gap to 6-5 behind two goals from Pickman, the last one coming with three minutes left for his hat trick.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 18
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 8
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize