NHIAA Roundup: Valliere's goal lifts Trinity
Tyler Tambouris scored Trinity's first goal in the first period. Paul Wiley and Justin Sirois each assisted on the play. The Astros tied the game at the 10:59 mark of the third period on a goal from Ethan Landry. But Mitch Myers and Drew Merrick set-up the winning goal as Valliere beat Pinkerton goalie Nate Mitchell (30 saves) with 2:37 to play. Trinity goalie Ryan Slatky (22 saves) stopped two breakaways.
Exeter 5, Hanover 2: Andrew Stevens, Mike Cashman and Henrik Barbin each had a goal and an assist to lead Exeter past visiting Hanover, 5-2, in boys' hockey on Thursday.
Barbin's goal with 2:11 left in the second period put Exeter (3-8) up for good, 3-2. "The goal late in the second really boosted their confidence," said Hanover coach Dick Dodds.
Sam Carey scored 14 seconds into the game to give Hanover a 1-0 lead. Connor Ronan tied it before Sean Cavallaro put Hanover (5-5-2) up again at the start of the second period. Stevens answered with a goal to tie the game at 2-2.
Hollis/Brookline 6, Kearsarge 5 (Wednesday): Ian Rowe scored a hat trick and finished with four points for the 6-6 Cavaliers in Andover. Tim Birch, Cam Ricard and Kyle Stephens each had one goal in the win. Hollis/Brookline goalie Travis Howard made 22 stops in net. Kearsarge (3-8) never led, but got one first period goal from Tristan Rowe and second period tallies from Ryan Beattie and Matt Pickman.
Down 6-3 in the third period, the Cougars closed the gap to 6-5 behind two goals from Pickman, the last one coming with three minutes left for his hat trick.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up