NHIAA Roundup: Valliere's goal lifts Trinity
Tyler Tambouris scored Trinity's first goal in the first period. Paul Wiley and Justin Sirois each assisted on the play. The Astros tied the game at the 10:59 mark of the third period on a goal from Ethan Landry. But Mitch Myers and Drew Merrick set-up the winning goal as Valliere beat Pinkerton goalie Nate Mitchell (30 saves) with 2:37 to play. Trinity goalie Ryan Slatky (22 saves) stopped two breakaways.
Exeter 5, Hanover 2: Andrew Stevens, Mike Cashman and Henrik Barbin each had a goal and an assist to lead Exeter past visiting Hanover, 5-2, in boys' hockey on Thursday.
Barbin's goal with 2:11 left in the second period put Exeter (3-8) up for good, 3-2. "The goal late in the second really boosted their confidence," said Hanover coach Dick Dodds.
Sam Carey scored 14 seconds into the game to give Hanover a 1-0 lead. Connor Ronan tied it before Sean Cavallaro put Hanover (5-5-2) up again at the start of the second period. Stevens answered with a goal to tie the game at 2-2.
Hollis/Brookline 6, Kearsarge 5 (Wednesday): Ian Rowe scored a hat trick and finished with four points for the 6-6 Cavaliers in Andover. Tim Birch, Cam Ricard and Kyle Stephens each had one goal in the win. Hollis/Brookline goalie Travis Howard made 22 stops in net. Kearsarge (3-8) never led, but got one first period goal from Tristan Rowe and second period tallies from Ryan Beattie and Matt Pickman.
Down 6-3 in the third period, the Cougars closed the gap to 6-5 behind two goals from Pickman, the last one coming with three minutes left for his hat trick.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 10
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans