NHIAA Roundup: Valliere's goal lifts Trinity
Tyler Tambouris scored Trinity's first goal in the first period. Paul Wiley and Justin Sirois each assisted on the play. The Astros tied the game at the 10:59 mark of the third period on a goal from Ethan Landry. But Mitch Myers and Drew Merrick set-up the winning goal as Valliere beat Pinkerton goalie Nate Mitchell (30 saves) with 2:37 to play. Trinity goalie Ryan Slatky (22 saves) stopped two breakaways.
Exeter 5, Hanover 2: Andrew Stevens, Mike Cashman and Henrik Barbin each had a goal and an assist to lead Exeter past visiting Hanover, 5-2, in boys' hockey on Thursday.
Barbin's goal with 2:11 left in the second period put Exeter (3-8) up for good, 3-2. "The goal late in the second really boosted their confidence," said Hanover coach Dick Dodds.
Sam Carey scored 14 seconds into the game to give Hanover a 1-0 lead. Connor Ronan tied it before Sean Cavallaro put Hanover (5-5-2) up again at the start of the second period. Stevens answered with a goal to tie the game at 2-2.
Hollis/Brookline 6, Kearsarge 5 (Wednesday): Ian Rowe scored a hat trick and finished with four points for the 6-6 Cavaliers in Andover. Tim Birch, Cam Ricard and Kyle Stephens each had one goal in the win. Hollis/Brookline goalie Travis Howard made 22 stops in net. Kearsarge (3-8) never led, but got one first period goal from Tristan Rowe and second period tallies from Ryan Beattie and Matt Pickman.
Down 6-3 in the third period, the Cougars closed the gap to 6-5 behind two goals from Pickman, the last one coming with three minutes left for his hat trick.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
- College Football: UNH overwhelms Lafayette in FCS first round - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race