Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Homeless man held on $500k cash after standoff in Middleton Thursday
Richard Penney, 35, who previously lived in Middleton, was charged with five felonies – including robbery, two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, kidnapping and criminal threatening with a deadly weapon - following the incident which occurred along Lakeshore Drive.
During a video arraignment Friday, Judge Daniel Cappiello entered no plea for the felony charges and agreed to set bail at $500,000 cash bail, based on the recommendations of Assistant County Attorney Matt Zahn.
"We all deserve to be safe in our homes," Zahn said.
After Penney left, his brother called police around 2:10 p.m. to report that Penney had allegedly taken the weapons and multiple loaded magazines.
Penney then walked to 82 Lakeshore Drive and allegedly forced his way inside the home by threatening a woman – Heather Ducharme – with the loaded AK-47. He then held Ducharme in her home while holding police at bay outside, according to court records.
Zahn said while Penney has no criminal record, his alleged actions were a threat to all, including himself.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 3
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483