Fremont man pleads not guilty in shooting incidentBy JASON SCHREIBER
Union Leader Correspondent
February 01. 2013 4:44PM
BRENTWOOD - A Fremont man pleaded not guilty Friday to charges he shot at a vehicle and punched a man in the face during an altercation earlier this month.
Andrew Decoito, 21, of 166 Main St., entered his pleas to misdemeanor charges of criminal mischief and simple assault at his arraignment in the 10th Circuit Court in Brentwood. He didn't enter a plea to a felony reckless conduct charge.
Decoito was arrested following an incident outside his residence on Jan. 5.
According to police, the shooting occurred after the victim, identified as Devin Irvine, claimed he showed up at Decoito's residence to pick up a sweatshirt.
Irvine told police that when Decoito answered the door he punched him in the face.
Decoito then allegedly grabbed an AR-15 rifle from a safe or locker-type cabinet in his room. Irvine said that he pushed Decoito away and then got into a Toyota Corolla to leave, at which point Decoito allegedly fired at the vehicle as Irvine and three other passengers fled the residence and headed south on Route 107.
Police Officer Andrew Artimovich inspected the vehicle and found a hole in the rear fender near the tire.
"I found multiple places where a projectile hit the vehicle and ricocheted off," Artimovich wrote in the affidavit.
The three others who were in the vehicle also identified Decoito as the shooter.
Decoito was arrested and released on $25,000 personal recognizance and $500 cash bail.
He will be back in court for a probable cause hearing on the reckless conduct charge on Feb. 27 at 8 a.m.