May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
No charges against Claremont middle school teacher in alleged assault
The teacher, Tamara Lever, was placed on administrative leave following the assault, pending the outcome of an internal investigation by the Claremont School Administrative Unit.
In a press release Thursday Police Chief Alexander Scott said, "The allegation is that the student was fooling with and tossing a cleaning cloth and in response to this conduct, the teacher took the cloth and smacked it against the student's face and stated, 'How do you like it?'"
Scott wrote that while the alleged conduct may have violated school policy and was "not an exercise in sound judgment" the facts do not support a criminal prosecution.
The Sullivan County Attorney's office cooperated in the investigation with police and have decided not to proceed with a criminal prosecution, he said.
At that time, Lever remained on paid leave.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424