June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
No charges against Claremont middle school teacher in alleged assault
The teacher, Tamara Lever, was placed on administrative leave following the assault, pending the outcome of an internal investigation by the Claremont School Administrative Unit.
In a press release Thursday Police Chief Alexander Scott said, "The allegation is that the student was fooling with and tossing a cleaning cloth and in response to this conduct, the teacher took the cloth and smacked it against the student's face and stated, 'How do you like it?'"
Scott wrote that while the alleged conduct may have violated school policy and was "not an exercise in sound judgment" the facts do not support a criminal prosecution.
The Sullivan County Attorney's office cooperated in the investigation with police and have decided not to proceed with a criminal prosecution, he said.
At that time, Lever remained on paid leave.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424