Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
No charges against Claremont middle school teacher in alleged assault
The teacher, Tamara Lever, was placed on administrative leave following the assault, pending the outcome of an internal investigation by the Claremont School Administrative Unit.
In a press release Thursday Police Chief Alexander Scott said, "The allegation is that the student was fooling with and tossing a cleaning cloth and in response to this conduct, the teacher took the cloth and smacked it against the student's face and stated, 'How do you like it?'"
Scott wrote that while the alleged conduct may have violated school policy and was "not an exercise in sound judgment" the facts do not support a criminal prosecution.
The Sullivan County Attorney's office cooperated in the investigation with police and have decided not to proceed with a criminal prosecution, he said.
At that time, Lever remained on paid leave.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth