Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
No charges against Claremont middle school teacher in alleged assault
The teacher, Tamara Lever, was placed on administrative leave following the assault, pending the outcome of an internal investigation by the Claremont School Administrative Unit.
In a press release Thursday Police Chief Alexander Scott said, "The allegation is that the student was fooling with and tossing a cleaning cloth and in response to this conduct, the teacher took the cloth and smacked it against the student's face and stated, 'How do you like it?'"
Scott wrote that while the alleged conduct may have violated school policy and was "not an exercise in sound judgment" the facts do not support a criminal prosecution.
The Sullivan County Attorney's office cooperated in the investigation with police and have decided not to proceed with a criminal prosecution, he said.
At that time, Lever remained on paid leave.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 2
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal