Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Would-be bank robber had gun and mask, but what he needed was a watch
MANCHESTER - Police said a masked man tried to rob Citizens Bank on Brown Avenue early Friday morning but failed because the bank had yet to open.
Sgt. Craig Rousseau said the robber entered the vestibule of the bank, located at 2035 Brown Ave., a few minutes before 9 a.m. and found the interior doors locked because the bank , which opens at 9 o'clock, had yet to open.
The robber, who had a red ski mask covering his face, banged on the doors with a black semi-automatic handgun, yelling for employees to open them.
When he figured out they were not going to let him in, he ran out and towards the back of the bank, Rousseau said.
Police are looking for a white man, about 5-foot-9, 190 to 200 pounds. He was wearing the mask, a dark jacket and yellow gloves. He also had a backpack with a white stripe on it.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711 or, to remain anonymous, Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill