May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Would-be bank robber had gun and mask, but what he needed was a watch
MANCHESTER - Police said a masked man tried to rob Citizens Bank on Brown Avenue early Friday morning but failed because the bank had yet to open.
Sgt. Craig Rousseau said the robber entered the vestibule of the bank, located at 2035 Brown Ave., a few minutes before 9 a.m. and found the interior doors locked because the bank , which opens at 9 o'clock, had yet to open.
The robber, who had a red ski mask covering his face, banged on the doors with a black semi-automatic handgun, yelling for employees to open them.
When he figured out they were not going to let him in, he ran out and towards the back of the bank, Rousseau said.
Police are looking for a white man, about 5-foot-9, 190 to 200 pounds. He was wearing the mask, a dark jacket and yellow gloves. He also had a backpack with a white stripe on it.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711 or, to remain anonymous, Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
For the people: A century of the NH primary
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424