Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Would-be bank robber had gun and mask, but what he needed was a watch
MANCHESTER - Police said a masked man tried to rob Citizens Bank on Brown Avenue early Friday morning but failed because the bank had yet to open.
Sgt. Craig Rousseau said the robber entered the vestibule of the bank, located at 2035 Brown Ave., a few minutes before 9 a.m. and found the interior doors locked because the bank , which opens at 9 o'clock, had yet to open.
The robber, who had a red ski mask covering his face, banged on the doors with a black semi-automatic handgun, yelling for employees to open them.
When he figured out they were not going to let him in, he ran out and towards the back of the bank, Rousseau said.
Police are looking for a white man, about 5-foot-9, 190 to 200 pounds. He was wearing the mask, a dark jacket and yellow gloves. He also had a backpack with a white stripe on it.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711 or, to remain anonymous, Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424