Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Would-be bank robber had gun and mask, but what he needed was a watch
MANCHESTER - Police said a masked man tried to rob Citizens Bank on Brown Avenue early Friday morning but failed because the bank had yet to open.
Sgt. Craig Rousseau said the robber entered the vestibule of the bank, located at 2035 Brown Ave., a few minutes before 9 a.m. and found the interior doors locked because the bank , which opens at 9 o'clock, had yet to open.
The robber, who had a red ski mask covering his face, banged on the doors with a black semi-automatic handgun, yelling for employees to open them.
When he figured out they were not going to let him in, he ran out and towards the back of the bank, Rousseau said.
Police are looking for a white man, about 5-foot-9, 190 to 200 pounds. He was wearing the mask, a dark jacket and yellow gloves. He also had a backpack with a white stripe on it.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711 or, to remain anonymous, Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917