Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Would-be bank robber had gun and mask, but what he needed was a watch
MANCHESTER - Police said a masked man tried to rob Citizens Bank on Brown Avenue early Friday morning but failed because the bank had yet to open.
Sgt. Craig Rousseau said the robber entered the vestibule of the bank, located at 2035 Brown Ave., a few minutes before 9 a.m. and found the interior doors locked because the bank , which opens at 9 o'clock, had yet to open.
The robber, who had a red ski mask covering his face, banged on the doors with a black semi-automatic handgun, yelling for employees to open them.
When he figured out they were not going to let him in, he ran out and towards the back of the bank, Rousseau said.
Police are looking for a white man, about 5-foot-9, 190 to 200 pounds. He was wearing the mask, a dark jacket and yellow gloves. He also had a backpack with a white stripe on it.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711 or, to remain anonymous, Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917