Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Newmarket mom arrested after children locked out in cold
Nicole Fahey, 29, of 33 Elm St., Apt. 3, was arrested on a warrant charging her with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of possessing heroin.
The incident happened on Jan. 18 after the children, ages 6 and 10, returned home from school.
Police Chief Kevin Cyr said the children were outside crying when a neighbor saw them and called police. They were locked out of the apartment for more than hour when temperatures were about 10 degrees Fahrenheit, he said.
Officers did not locate Fahey until about 6 p.m. that evening. The drug charges were brought after officers went inside the apartment and saw heroin out in plain sight, according to Cyr.
Fahey still has custody of the children although the state Division of Children, Youth and Families is investigating, the chief said.
What's next:Fahey is to be arraigned March 5 in 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483