June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Newmarket mom arrested after children locked out in cold
Nicole Fahey, 29, of 33 Elm St., Apt. 3, was arrested on a warrant charging her with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of possessing heroin.
The incident happened on Jan. 18 after the children, ages 6 and 10, returned home from school.
Police Chief Kevin Cyr said the children were outside crying when a neighbor saw them and called police. They were locked out of the apartment for more than hour when temperatures were about 10 degrees Fahrenheit, he said.
Officers did not locate Fahey until about 6 p.m. that evening. The drug charges were brought after officers went inside the apartment and saw heroin out in plain sight, according to Cyr.
Fahey still has custody of the children although the state Division of Children, Youth and Families is investigating, the chief said.
What's next:Fahey is to be arraigned March 5 in 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 12
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424