May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Newmarket mom arrested after children locked out in cold
Nicole Fahey, 29, of 33 Elm St., Apt. 3, was arrested on a warrant charging her with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of possessing heroin.
The incident happened on Jan. 18 after the children, ages 6 and 10, returned home from school.
Police Chief Kevin Cyr said the children were outside crying when a neighbor saw them and called police. They were locked out of the apartment for more than hour when temperatures were about 10 degrees Fahrenheit, he said.
Officers did not locate Fahey until about 6 p.m. that evening. The drug charges were brought after officers went inside the apartment and saw heroin out in plain sight, according to Cyr.
Fahey still has custody of the children although the state Division of Children, Youth and Families is investigating, the chief said.
What's next:Fahey is to be arraigned March 5 in 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424