Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Newmarket mom arrested after children locked out in cold
Nicole Fahey, 29, of 33 Elm St., Apt. 3, was arrested on a warrant charging her with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of possessing heroin.
The incident happened on Jan. 18 after the children, ages 6 and 10, returned home from school.
Police Chief Kevin Cyr said the children were outside crying when a neighbor saw them and called police. They were locked out of the apartment for more than hour when temperatures were about 10 degrees Fahrenheit, he said.
Officers did not locate Fahey until about 6 p.m. that evening. The drug charges were brought after officers went inside the apartment and saw heroin out in plain sight, according to Cyr.
Fahey still has custody of the children although the state Division of Children, Youth and Families is investigating, the chief said.
What's next:Fahey is to be arraigned March 5 in 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Dover teen set fire that forced mother, 4 children from home - 0
- More than 100 NH doctors victims of identity theft, tax fraud - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 0
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917