Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Newmarket mom arrested after children locked out in cold
Nicole Fahey, 29, of 33 Elm St., Apt. 3, was arrested on a warrant charging her with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of possessing heroin.
The incident happened on Jan. 18 after the children, ages 6 and 10, returned home from school.
Police Chief Kevin Cyr said the children were outside crying when a neighbor saw them and called police. They were locked out of the apartment for more than hour when temperatures were about 10 degrees Fahrenheit, he said.
Officers did not locate Fahey until about 6 p.m. that evening. The drug charges were brought after officers went inside the apartment and saw heroin out in plain sight, according to Cyr.
Fahey still has custody of the children although the state Division of Children, Youth and Families is investigating, the chief said.
What's next:Fahey is to be arraigned March 5 in 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth