Zatkoff leads Pens past Monarchs
Former Monarchs goalie Jeff Zatkoff stopped 21 of 22 shots for the Penguins in the win.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton took a 4-0 lead with two goals in the second and third periods.
Joe Morrow scored the first goal, from Dyland Reese and Adam Payerl, at 9:01 of the second. Trevor Smith followed with an unassisted shorthanded goal at 18:43.
At 1:32 of the third, Zach Sill scored another unassisted shorthanded goal. Riley Holzapfel closed the home team's scoring with a goal at 11:29 from Payerl and former Monarch Tom Kostopoulos.
Manchester got its lone goal of the game at 12:04 of the final frame. Vincent LoVerde scored it, with Chris Huxley and Marc-Andre Cliche assisting.
Monarchs goalie Peter Mannino turned aside 17 shots.
Manchester (21-19-2-2, 46 points) is now tied with Worcester for third place in the Atlantic Division, and visits the Bears in Hershey at 7 Saturday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council