Zatkoff leads Pens past Monarchs
Former Monarchs goalie Jeff Zatkoff stopped 21 of 22 shots for the Penguins in the win.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton took a 4-0 lead with two goals in the second and third periods.
Joe Morrow scored the first goal, from Dyland Reese and Adam Payerl, at 9:01 of the second. Trevor Smith followed with an unassisted shorthanded goal at 18:43.
At 1:32 of the third, Zach Sill scored another unassisted shorthanded goal. Riley Holzapfel closed the home team's scoring with a goal at 11:29 from Payerl and former Monarch Tom Kostopoulos.
Manchester got its lone goal of the game at 12:04 of the final frame. Vincent LoVerde scored it, with Chris Huxley and Marc-Andre Cliche assisting.
Monarchs goalie Peter Mannino turned aside 17 shots.
Manchester (21-19-2-2, 46 points) is now tied with Worcester for third place in the Atlantic Division, and visits the Bears in Hershey at 7 Saturday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?