Zatkoff leads Pens past Monarchs
Former Monarchs goalie Jeff Zatkoff stopped 21 of 22 shots for the Penguins in the win.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton took a 4-0 lead with two goals in the second and third periods.
Joe Morrow scored the first goal, from Dyland Reese and Adam Payerl, at 9:01 of the second. Trevor Smith followed with an unassisted shorthanded goal at 18:43.
At 1:32 of the third, Zach Sill scored another unassisted shorthanded goal. Riley Holzapfel closed the home team's scoring with a goal at 11:29 from Payerl and former Monarch Tom Kostopoulos.
Manchester got its lone goal of the game at 12:04 of the final frame. Vincent LoVerde scored it, with Chris Huxley and Marc-Andre Cliche assisting.
Monarchs goalie Peter Mannino turned aside 17 shots.
Manchester (21-19-2-2, 46 points) is now tied with Worcester for third place in the Atlantic Division, and visits the Bears in Hershey at 7 Saturday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters lifts UConn baseball team in NCAAs - 0
- Berlin native Gendron is new Maine ice coach - 0
- Goffstown’s Bourque heads UNH hockey recuiting list - 0
- Granite State players help college teams to playoffs - 0
- Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship - 0
- Sloppy FPU outslugged at World Series - 0
- Dionne, Duprey help Duke - 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 1
- NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 38
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time