Zatkoff leads Pens past Monarchs
Former Monarchs goalie Jeff Zatkoff stopped 21 of 22 shots for the Penguins in the win.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton took a 4-0 lead with two goals in the second and third periods.
Joe Morrow scored the first goal, from Dyland Reese and Adam Payerl, at 9:01 of the second. Trevor Smith followed with an unassisted shorthanded goal at 18:43.
At 1:32 of the third, Zach Sill scored another unassisted shorthanded goal. Riley Holzapfel closed the home team's scoring with a goal at 11:29 from Payerl and former Monarch Tom Kostopoulos.
Manchester got its lone goal of the game at 12:04 of the final frame. Vincent LoVerde scored it, with Chris Huxley and Marc-Andre Cliche assisting.
Monarchs goalie Peter Mannino turned aside 17 shots.
Manchester (21-19-2-2, 46 points) is now tied with Worcester for third place in the Atlantic Division, and visits the Bears in Hershey at 7 Saturday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans