Fear of federal control derails Wakefield land conservation deal
The Fish and Game funding was controversial because it involved purchasing a conservation easement on the properties using federal funds. The easement would have restricted uses of the property and, critics contended, opened the door to federal control of the land.
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
A great day for a road race