Robbs recalled as 'two beautiful people'
"This week has been beyond painful or difficult or sad," said their daughter, Erin Scaggs. "Those are just words, and they don't begin to express how this feels, how this hurts. But every time I cried, I knew that I wasn't alone, that there were others out there crying with us."
Donald Robb, 68, and Brenda Mary Robb, 62. died last week when their car collided head on with a car carrying Rick and Mary Monahon of Peterborough. The Monahons were also killed in the crash.
Donald Robb was a retired corrections officer, and his wife was a retired school teacher. The Robbs were returning home after dropping off their 7-year-old granddaughter at her home in Chesterfield. They were described by their son, Michael, as a baseball-loving couple who stayed together despite his love for the Boston Red Sox and her affinity for the New York Yankees.
"When I look at their picture now, I see two beautiful people. People who gave and gave and gave without expecting anything in return. People who loved each other deeply, who were best friends," Scaggs said.
The church's 34 pews were all packed tight with relatives and friends of the Robbs. The parish's balcony was also full, and about 50 others stood along the sides of the church or in its vestibule to pay their respects.
"It's important to remind ourselves as we come here today that we are not here because Donald and Brenda died, but we're here because they lived," The Rev. Raymond Ball said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty