June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Fight leads to gunshots in Henniker
Joseph L. Wilcox, 51, of Sutton, was charged with attempted aggravated assault. His bail was set at $25,000 cash. He faces arraignment Monday morning.
Jeffrey B. Wigsten, 47, of Henniker, was arrested and charged with simple assault. He was bailed on $2,500 cash and has a March 5 court date.
Wigsten allegedly assaulted Wilcox in the parking lot of the Gin Gin Restaurant off Maple Street, leading Wilcox to pull out a handgun and discharge it towards Wigsten, authorities said.
A police officer parked nearby heard the sound of gunfire and saw witnesses yelling for someone to call police about a man with a gun around 12:15 a.m. The officer found Wilcox kneeling down with a handgun lying to his side, police said. In the distance stood Wigsten, who was standing behind a car for cover, according to police.
The Henniker Police Department are asking anybody with information to call the department at 428-3213 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424