Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Fight leads to gunshots in Henniker
Joseph L. Wilcox, 51, of Sutton, was charged with attempted aggravated assault. His bail was set at $25,000 cash. He faces arraignment Monday morning.
Jeffrey B. Wigsten, 47, of Henniker, was arrested and charged with simple assault. He was bailed on $2,500 cash and has a March 5 court date.
Wigsten allegedly assaulted Wilcox in the parking lot of the Gin Gin Restaurant off Maple Street, leading Wilcox to pull out a handgun and discharge it towards Wigsten, authorities said.
A police officer parked nearby heard the sound of gunfire and saw witnesses yelling for someone to call police about a man with a gun around 12:15 a.m. The officer found Wilcox kneeling down with a handgun lying to his side, police said. In the distance stood Wigsten, who was standing behind a car for cover, according to police.
The Henniker Police Department are asking anybody with information to call the department at 428-3213 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
- Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison - 0
- Prosecutors to ask 4 years in prison for former Manchester diocese official - 0
- Stolen scratch tickets lead police to Portsmouth suspect - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs find a home away from home - 0
- Fish & Game Club planning ahead for fireworks event - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917