Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Fight leads to gunshots in Henniker
Joseph L. Wilcox, 51, of Sutton, was charged with attempted aggravated assault. His bail was set at $25,000 cash. He faces arraignment Monday morning.
Jeffrey B. Wigsten, 47, of Henniker, was arrested and charged with simple assault. He was bailed on $2,500 cash and has a March 5 court date.
Wigsten allegedly assaulted Wilcox in the parking lot of the Gin Gin Restaurant off Maple Street, leading Wilcox to pull out a handgun and discharge it towards Wigsten, authorities said.
A police officer parked nearby heard the sound of gunfire and saw witnesses yelling for someone to call police about a man with a gun around 12:15 a.m. The officer found Wilcox kneeling down with a handgun lying to his side, police said. In the distance stood Wigsten, who was standing behind a car for cover, according to police.
The Henniker Police Department are asking anybody with information to call the department at 428-3213 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424