Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Fight leads to gunshots in Henniker
Joseph L. Wilcox, 51, of Sutton, was charged with attempted aggravated assault. His bail was set at $25,000 cash. He faces arraignment Monday morning.
Jeffrey B. Wigsten, 47, of Henniker, was arrested and charged with simple assault. He was bailed on $2,500 cash and has a March 5 court date.
Wigsten allegedly assaulted Wilcox in the parking lot of the Gin Gin Restaurant off Maple Street, leading Wilcox to pull out a handgun and discharge it towards Wigsten, authorities said.
A police officer parked nearby heard the sound of gunfire and saw witnesses yelling for someone to call police about a man with a gun around 12:15 a.m. The officer found Wilcox kneeling down with a handgun lying to his side, police said. In the distance stood Wigsten, who was standing behind a car for cover, according to police.
The Henniker Police Department are asking anybody with information to call the department at 428-3213 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 4
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 10
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 1
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917