Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Fight leads to gunshots in Henniker
Joseph L. Wilcox, 51, of Sutton, was charged with attempted aggravated assault. His bail was set at $25,000 cash. He faces arraignment Monday morning.
Jeffrey B. Wigsten, 47, of Henniker, was arrested and charged with simple assault. He was bailed on $2,500 cash and has a March 5 court date.
Wigsten allegedly assaulted Wilcox in the parking lot of the Gin Gin Restaurant off Maple Street, leading Wilcox to pull out a handgun and discharge it towards Wigsten, authorities said.
A police officer parked nearby heard the sound of gunfire and saw witnesses yelling for someone to call police about a man with a gun around 12:15 a.m. The officer found Wilcox kneeling down with a handgun lying to his side, police said. In the distance stood Wigsten, who was standing behind a car for cover, according to police.
The Henniker Police Department are asking anybody with information to call the department at 428-3213 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 2
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape - 11
- Man accused of blocking ambulance at Derry house fire - 5
- Manchester police pursuit ends in arrest - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man misses court date while in jail - 0
- Former youth baseball coach convicted a second time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Errol town warrant passes easily - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Yes, dogs can also suffer from fear of new situations - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin - 0
- Chamber, Covering New Hampshire host health insurance roundtable - 0
- NH Business Newsmakers: Strange joins Blake's All Natural Foods - 0
- Div. I Hockey Championship: Central ends title drought on the ice - 0
- Div. II Hockey Championship: Bedford makes it perfect for third straight - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917