Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Kingston: Voters show support for town library
The budget increase was the only major change to the town warrant after the nearly three-hour meeting held in advance of the final vote at the polls on March 12.
The $7,250 was originally proposed as a warrant article, but voters agreed to move it into the budget instead.
The money is being sought to match the $7,250 raised by the Kingston Historical Museum Committee for an archivist and to purchase materials for the proper cataloging and preservation of museum, town and library documents and other materials relating to the town's history.
Other proposed articles moved to the town warrant include a plan to spend $424,000 to buy about 150 acres in the Rockrimmon area for conservation and $195,000 to replace a 12-year-old ambulance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hopkinton makes quick work of giving annual raises - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
- Danville police chief's challenger says department in dire shape - 0
- Cruiser video systems await Barnstead voters' OK - 0
- Inter-Lakes school voters pass articles, add custodian - 0
- Dunbarton voters to decide on $2.17M budget - 0
- Eliminating budget group focus of deliberative session - 0
- Hanover voters approve school renovations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 1
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video