Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Kingston: Voters show support for town library
The budget increase was the only major change to the town warrant after the nearly three-hour meeting held in advance of the final vote at the polls on March 12.
The $7,250 was originally proposed as a warrant article, but voters agreed to move it into the budget instead.
The money is being sought to match the $7,250 raised by the Kingston Historical Museum Committee for an archivist and to purchase materials for the proper cataloging and preservation of museum, town and library documents and other materials relating to the town's history.
Other proposed articles moved to the town warrant include a plan to spend $424,000 to buy about 150 acres in the Rockrimmon area for conservation and $195,000 to replace a 12-year-old ambulance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
- NH College Roundup: KSC's Crisp is top Little East Conference softball honoree - 0
- UNH hockey schedule features Michigan, Irish - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Oxbow captures Preakness Stakes - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Nashua school parking surprise