Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Fremont schools: Voters in a spending mood on Saturday
The move to increase the budget to just over $11.2 million came after the school board and administration cut nearly $430,000 from the spending requests proposed in this budget. The budget committee sliced another $154,000 from the budget proposal.
The cuts threatened eight staff positions, busing, substitute pay, website design, laptop purchases, supplies and science room improvements, among other things.
Voters at the deliberative session approved the school board's request to add the $154,000 back into the budget, then OK'd adding an additional $171,000 at the urging of parents. They also changed figures in a proposed contract for school support staff to correct a math problem.
The contract seeks an additional $62,980 to cover the district's share of health insurance premiums. The funding aims to avoid a penalty under the Affordable Care Act if the district didn't make health insurance available to the support staff employees.
Other articles were moved to the school warrant unchanged and will be decided at the polls on March 12.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced