Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Wolfeboro: Wentworth Regional budget passes easily
About 50 voters attended the session. No changes were made to the seven warrant articles, the largest of which was the district's operating budget of $47,176,610. The proposed budget for fiscal year 2013-14 reflects a $455,895 increase over last year's budget of $46,720,715. The district (SAU 49), includes schools in Wolfeboro, New Durham, Effingham, Ossipee, Tuftonboro and Brookfield.
In discussing the total proposed budget, board member Jack Widmer said the increase over last year is lower than the 2.1 percent rate of inflation.
Articles II through IV cover the cost of collective bargaining agreements and raises for 2015 and 2016. The dollar amounts to cover raises in 2016 are $32,813 for the district administrative team union ($31,299 for 2015); $85,903 for the support staff union ($84,219 for 2015); and $278,667 for the teachers union ($266,367 for 2015). The raises reflect a 2 percent increase in each of the next two fiscal years.
Article V seeks to establish a capital reserve fund with a deposit of $60,000 this year to cover the eventual need to replace the artificial turf on the athletic fields.
Article VI requests $150,000 for repairs and improvements to building and grounds at the Kingwood High and Middle schools, Lakes Region Technology Center, Kingwood Arts Center, Carpenter School, Crescent Lake School, Effingham Elementary School New Durham School, Ossipee Central School, Tuftonboro Central School and the SAU 49 transportation facility.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'