Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
No changes to Goffstown school articles
The cast from Goffstown High School's upcoming production of "The Wizard of Oz" sang The National Anthem at Goffstown's school deliberative session Saturday. (Kathy Remillard/Union Leader Correspondent)
School Board member Jennifer Theroux spoke on behalf Article 2, the bond that will pay for expanding and renovating the town's two elementary schools.
"If not now, when are we going to do this?" Theroux asked, noting that the bond, which failed to get voter approval last year, is less than what was asked for in 2012 because both construction costs and bond rates have decreased.
"We have to fund those things even if the budget doesn't pass," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown camps react to attendance reports - 0
- Executive Council approves removal of Exit 12 Merrimack tollbooths - 0
- Nashua panel to consider two police contracts - 0
- Londonderry firefighter charged with harassment - 0
- World War II veteran from Berlin to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- Stocks tumble on Ebola fears - 0
- Liberia, U.S. officials say Ebola patient showed no symptoms before flying - 0
- Obama winning on a foreign policy issue for a change - 0
- Yom Kippur at Etz Hayim Synagogue - 0
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Brown a no-show at border security meetings
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
Prosecutor: No right to a uniform