Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
No changes to Goffstown school articles
The cast from Goffstown High School's upcoming production of "The Wizard of Oz" sang The National Anthem at Goffstown's school deliberative session Saturday. (Kathy Remillard/Union Leader Correspondent)
School Board member Jennifer Theroux spoke on behalf Article 2, the bond that will pay for expanding and renovating the town's two elementary schools.
"If not now, when are we going to do this?" Theroux asked, noting that the bond, which failed to get voter approval last year, is less than what was asked for in 2012 because both construction costs and bond rates have decreased.
"We have to fund those things even if the budget doesn't pass," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 4
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 1
School's out for voters