Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
No changes to Goffstown school articles
The cast from Goffstown High School's upcoming production of "The Wizard of Oz" sang The National Anthem at Goffstown's school deliberative session Saturday. (Kathy Remillard/Union Leader Correspondent)
School Board member Jennifer Theroux spoke on behalf Article 2, the bond that will pay for expanding and renovating the town's two elementary schools.
"If not now, when are we going to do this?" Theroux asked, noting that the bond, which failed to get voter approval last year, is less than what was asked for in 2012 because both construction costs and bond rates have decreased.
"We have to fund those things even if the budget doesn't pass," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America