Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
No changes to Goffstown school articles
The cast from Goffstown High School's upcoming production of "The Wizard of Oz" sang The National Anthem at Goffstown's school deliberative session Saturday. (Kathy Remillard/Union Leader Correspondent)
School Board member Jennifer Theroux spoke on behalf Article 2, the bond that will pay for expanding and renovating the town's two elementary schools.
"If not now, when are we going to do this?" Theroux asked, noting that the bond, which failed to get voter approval last year, is less than what was asked for in 2012 because both construction costs and bond rates have decreased.
"We have to fund those things even if the budget doesn't pass," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads