Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
No changes to Goffstown school articles
The cast from Goffstown High School's upcoming production of "The Wizard of Oz" sang The National Anthem at Goffstown's school deliberative session Saturday. (Kathy Remillard/Union Leader Correspondent)
School Board member Jennifer Theroux spoke on behalf Article 2, the bond that will pay for expanding and renovating the town's two elementary schools.
"If not now, when are we going to do this?" Theroux asked, noting that the bond, which failed to get voter approval last year, is less than what was asked for in 2012 because both construction costs and bond rates have decreased.
"We have to fund those things even if the budget doesn't pass," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem