Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont teen safe after air, land search
Wood said police launched the search about two hours after she was first reported missing because she had made no contact with anyone and there had been no activity on her cell phone. Police were able to trace her phone, but there had been no movement, Wood said.
"That's when we became concerned," he said. "It was also getting colder and getting dark and we were aware that she wasn't dressed for the cold weather."
A state police helicopter assisted with the search of the area around her neighborhood in the Tuck Woods housing development.
Nearly five hours after she left home, the teenager showed up at a residence on Route 111A in Brentwood and asked to use a phone to call home.
Wood said she was "just a little cold," but otherwise OK.
Fremont police were also assisted by officers from Brentwood, Bedford, Kingston, and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over