Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont teen safe after air, land search
Wood said police launched the search about two hours after she was first reported missing because she had made no contact with anyone and there had been no activity on her cell phone. Police were able to trace her phone, but there had been no movement, Wood said.
"That's when we became concerned," he said. "It was also getting colder and getting dark and we were aware that she wasn't dressed for the cold weather."
A state police helicopter assisted with the search of the area around her neighborhood in the Tuck Woods housing development.
Nearly five hours after she left home, the teenager showed up at a residence on Route 111A in Brentwood and asked to use a phone to call home.
Wood said she was "just a little cold," but otherwise OK.
Fremont police were also assisted by officers from Brentwood, Bedford, Kingston, and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance