Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont teen safe after air, land search
Wood said police launched the search about two hours after she was first reported missing because she had made no contact with anyone and there had been no activity on her cell phone. Police were able to trace her phone, but there had been no movement, Wood said.
"That's when we became concerned," he said. "It was also getting colder and getting dark and we were aware that she wasn't dressed for the cold weather."
A state police helicopter assisted with the search of the area around her neighborhood in the Tuck Woods housing development.
Nearly five hours after she left home, the teenager showed up at a residence on Route 111A in Brentwood and asked to use a phone to call home.
Wood said she was "just a little cold," but otherwise OK.
Fremont police were also assisted by officers from Brentwood, Bedford, Kingston, and Newton.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 9
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire